Preparations for the 9th Annual Portneuf Valley Bike to Work Employee Challenge are underway. The Employee Challenge encourages people to use alternative forms of transportation to work and for other activities during the month of May. While bicycling is the most common alternative form of transportation used, many people in the past have walked, carpooled, or taken public transportation. New this year is the partnership with the Chamber Wellness program to have a Company Challenge. Business will complete against each other to see who can accumulate the most points.
Over 100 businesses and 541 people participated in the 8th Annual Portneuf Valley Bike to Work month. We also had many kids participate in the Bike Parade and the DARE Ride. During the Bike Parade many bicycle helmets were provided to kids and teens that did not have bicycle helmets.
Bannock Transportation Planning Organization promotes and encourages people to bike and walk for their daily activities. With your past help, and the help of many volunteers, we put together a very visible event which demonstrates that alternative forms of transportation, like bicycling, are a viable and fun way to get to work.
We are asking for your help to support the 9th Annual Portneuf Valley Bike to Work events. The Sponsor Form 2014 explains all the benefits of being a Bike to Work Sponsor. The events planned for this year include:
- May 1, 2014 – Bike to Work Month Kick-off: Businesses will be encouraged to host kick-off events with participants from their company.
- May 16, 2014 – Bike Parade: Kids and adults will dress up their bikes and parade down Main Street.
- May 31, 2014 – Tour de Inkom: This Saturday event is a great ride to Inkom and back.
- Month Long Employee Challenge – People commit to using alternative form of transportation to work at least 60% of the time during May.
- Month Long Chamber Energizer Company Challenge
2014 Portneuf Valley Bike to Work Sponsors
|Titanium Sponsors 2014|
|Carbon Fiber Sponsors 2014|
|Aluminum Sponsors 2014|